Whether your child has a diagnosis of autism or you have concerns about their communication, learning and/or behaviour Sunflower Autism Consultancy can support you and your child. Sunflower Autism Consultancy offers online individualised workshops where parents can learn strategies to reduce their child’s challenging behaviour and teach them skills on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays between the hours of 9am and 4pm.
This is an informal initial phone call lasting half an hour where a detailed case history and background information will be taken and you will have the opportunity to discuss your child’s needs and Julia will discuss how she can support you and your family. This is free of charge.
The 2 hour introductory workshop is delivered by Julia online and it will be a chance for you to discuss your child’s needs further with Julia and it will cover:
- Information about autism
- Why challenging behaviour occurs
- How you can find out why your child displays challenging behaviour at home
- Understanding why traditional parenting methods are not effective with neuro-diverse learners
- Practical strategies to help you avoid/decrease challenging behaviour
- An individualised behaviour plan to manage challenging behaviour confidently when your child has a meltdown at home.